Friday, January 8, 2010

Hi everyone! I’m gearing up to head out to Nicaragua in a little over a week. My packing is pretty much done and I think I have packed just about everything on the list. I’m sure I will be quite the spectacle and a source of laughter for many of the locals while trying to drag my giant suitcases around the city and on what I’m sure will be very cramped buses. I will be spending my first three months outside the Managua, the capital, where I will do my pre-service training. I’ve heard training is a pretty intense experience. We will be taking language classes every day and learning how to perform our job as health volunteers effectively. I will be spending a lot of time at Peace Corps headquarters so my internet availability should be good for at least these first few months. I’m very excited and a little nervous about this new stage in my life. I will keep you all updated throughout my trip!

I’ll post my address as soon as I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment